Foothill Ranch, CA (September 27, 2011) –
ATEN today introduced its PN5/PN7 power distribution units (PDU), the latest in ATEN’s suite of ALTUSEN™ Power Over the NET™ products. The PN5/PN7 products offer outlet-level control combined with remote access to give IT administrators the ability to power control devices attached to the unit from practically any location via a TCP/IP connection. The PN5/PN7 represents a move toward offering complete data center solutions, benefiting both channel partners and end-users alike.
PN5/PN7: Power Distribution Unit
Catering to high-density server deployments, the PN5/PN7 products are a model of efficiency, improving server rack usage, enhancing power consumption monitoring, and increasing server efficiency and IT personnel productivity. With support for real-time power status measurement, the PN5/PN7 products enable administrators to monitor the voltage, current and power consumption of their IT equipment, either at the PDU or outlet level, minimizing the power cost of running their equipment, and ensuring high levels of system availability for server rooms of all sizes. Additionally, the PN5/PN7 PDUs feature a space-saving 0U design that allows it to be mounted vertically on the outside of the rack, resulting in a more efficient use of server room space and the elimination of the usual cable clutter.
“The PN5/PN7 is a one-stop-shop for customers and a complete solution that resellers can offer through the channel,” said James Hsieh, CEO of ATEN. “Our PN5/PN7 power distribution units maximize the server room, both in terms of space utilization and power management, so that organizations can better manage and simplify their server environments, thereby cutting costs and increasing efficiency.”
The PN5/PN7 PDUs support daisy-chaining and outlet groups to provide redundant power management. Equipment with dual power supplies can be assigned to outlet groups for convenient control. Since up to 15 additional units can be daisy chained from the master unit, IT administrators can connect a server’s power cords to different units – each of which is connected to a separate power source – for failsafe operation. Management efficiency is also increased, since the power status of both outlets can be monitored and controlled from the same portal.
Other key features of the PN5/PN7 products include:
The PN5/PN7 series is available in four product configurations: PN5212, PN5320, PN57212 and PN7320. The PN5/PN7 series is ideal for dense server environments, such as data centers and organizations operating in data-intensive industries, including telecommunications and financial services.
- Flexible power control/safe shutdown support: Leveraging the products’ built-in safe shutdown software, IT administrators can control servers remotely and completely shut down servers before powering them off.
- Real-time power and environmental monitoring: A real-time measuring feature, coupled with a threshold alarm, keeps personnel informed of the operating status of all attached equipment. The PN5/PN7 products support external environment sensors that allow administrators to monitor temperature and humidity remotely.
- Early warning notification: Warning messages regarding triggered alarms can be sent via an SMTP server or SMS via the unit's Digital Output port. The PN5/PN7 products permit server room administrators to set custom thresholds for current, voltage, power consumption, humidity, and temperature.
- Daisy chain support/redundant power management: The new products support daisy-chaining and outlet groups to provide redundant power management. Equipment with dual power supplies can be assigned to outlet groups for convenient control.
- Centralized management: Utilizing ALTUSEN's CC (Control Center Over the NET™) management software gives IT administrators the advantages of centralized control for Power Over the NET™ and KN4140v KVM Over the NET™ series products from a single user interface.
ATEN is a leading manufacturer of KVM
(keyboard/video/mouse) switches in addition to remote management, LCD consoles, video and data connectivity solutions. The company’s product line supports a range of data center, desktop and digital signage environments serving enterprise, government, SME and SOHO customers. ATEN has offices in California and New Jersey as well as Taiwan, Belgium, Korea, Japan, China and United Kingdom. For more information, contact ATEN at (888) 999-ATEN or 949-428-1111, via the Web at www.aten-usa.com
and on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ATENConnect
, or Facebook: www.facebook.com/ATENConnect